Certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring
Awarded by the Chartared Management Institute (CMI)
The Certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring aims to provide teachers, managers andleaders with the knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as coaches as part of their normal work role. It also aims to equip delegates wishing to pursue a development role within their organisation.
The Certificate is a concise qualification made up of three sections that introduce the key aspects of coaching:
- To understand the concept and purpose of management coaching and mentoring.
- To be able to determine the use of management coaching and mentoring as a tool to enhance learning, decision-making and general performance.
- To understand the relationship between coaching and mentoring and organisational objectives.
The Level 5 certificate aims to develop further your communication, relationship, management and performance skills for the benefit of your clients, pupils or employees. Delegates will leave with their own plan of action and lots of ideas and techniques to use in their day-to-day work.
The program is designed to enhance delegates' skills and understanding in:
- The skills and attributes of a great coach
- Using coaching effectively
- The role of coaching in learning
- The role of coaching in sport
- The role of coaching as a leadership behaviours
- Improving communication in the workplace
- Developing and managing effective teams through coaching
- Coaching for improved performance
- Overcoming barriers to good performance
- Effective goal setting through coaching
- Planning a coaching session
- Introducing coaching in the workplace
- The importance of supervision in coaching
- Developing a coaching culture within delegates' areas of responsibility.
At the end of the course you will be awarded the CMI Level 5 Award in Management Coaching and Mentoring.
With further study, you will subsequently be awarded with the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring.
The Diploma in Management Coaching and Mentoring is available on request.
Assessment will be through the use of a Coaching Diary and a work-based assignment of 2,500-3,000 words.
The program will adopt a blended learning approach via a range of options:
- 4.5-day course
- Guided, work-based learning assignment
- Online forum
- Supervised coaching practice session
- Reflective coaching diary
The program will be based around a 4.5-day course. Follow-up sessions and further study may take up to 6 months.
The course take place at the Oak Barn, Highfield Farm in Topsham, Devon. Topsham provides plenty of choice of when it comes to accommodation, restaurants and world-class estuary walks. The Exe Estuary is both a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a part of the UNESCO Jurassic world heritage site. Highfield Farm itself is set against the River Clyst and is an idilic place to come and study.
Getting there and away
We are approximately 700 meters away from Topsham Railway Station
Satnav Postcode EX3 0BY. We are 1.6 miles away from junction 30 on the M5.
We are 5 miles away from Exeter Airport. Regional Airline : Flybe